Having a flurry of head-making while I have the time, here is The Lady of Shalott in process…
I’ve used a Rossetti portrait set of Jane Morris and the famous Waterhouse painting as my main references. Lots of pre-Raphaelite angst and madness going on!
I’ll be making her dress today, very excited about that!!!
Dress has begun and pic is below, she has an under layer of washed muslin with a over-dress in paper silk. I’ll be making the mediaeval pointed sleeves from an old silk handkerchief, hopefully over the weekend.
I’ve added some jewels; a belt made from a Victorian enamel bracelet and a hair chaplet from a vintage Edwardian pearl necklace. Earrings are made from an old pair of costume pearls I had in my treasure box.